img

CRYPTO ANALYSIS

ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

we have several statical website that provide details about available list of cryptos (token and coins), looking at the famous ones like coinmarkecap, provides a list of more than 26,000cryptos while coingecko provides more than 9800cryptos, but the market capitilization is all 1.2+ trillions usd for today, whats your take in this contradiction?

• 3 Jul, 2023
Replies (44)
Ben Yawa

Student

hello happy to be here

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

you are welcome brother, lets have our opinions on this matter

• 3 Jul, 2023
anastasia kavishe

Student

Can't wait for people to answer that, so I learn something there.

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

you are welcome

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

you are welcome to the forum

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

welcome everyone lets familiarise ourselves in this matter

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

reading your post, I think I quickly discovered something... the total market cap versus these other websites that list coins that have negligible percentage in relation to the total market cap

• 3 Jul, 2023
Izzy Smart

Instructor

Yes thats to me makes a lot of sense since the market cap is from the real market and listing coins in websites or platforms doesn't necessarily means all cryptos listed makes the market cap

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

I think they are used to lure the unsuspecting victims to fall prey to the idea that a listed coin means good investment

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

this is very important for people to understand, we can see out of the massive number of cryptos the reliable and stable investments are few despite being listed or being famous

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

so in essence being famous or popular doesn't qualify to be worthy coin/token to invest in.. Good. Because I think most of these shitty websites are only paid to popularize/advertise these shitcoins

• 3 Jul, 2023
Izzy Smart

Instructor

Thats very true

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

exaaaaactly brother 

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

so here is my question

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

statistical websites needs someone with basic knowledge especially when it comes to important factors to analyse the asset for investment, funny thing in CMC, some cryptos are listed but their information are not verified by external teams hence they are  not verified and their details have a warning sign that the details are from the project team but not verified with the  CMC team

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

this is very good info. So with basic understanding, just with CMC alone someone can deduce is a project is good or not, but checking if a project/coin/token is verified

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

Here are a few reasons why CoinMarketCap might have more cryptocurrencies listed than CoinGecko, despite having similar market capitalization:

Data Inclusion Policies: CoinMarketCap may have a more inclusive approach when it comes to listing cryptocurrencies. They might include a wider range of cryptocurrencies, including smaller or less popular ones, to provide a comprehensive overview of the cryptocurrency market. CoinGecko, on the other hand, might have stricter criteria for listing cryptocurrencies and may focus on more established or widely recognized projects.

Listing Criteria and Verification: Each platform has its own criteria for listing cryptocurrencies. CoinMarketCap might have less stringent listing requirements, allowing a larger number of cryptocurrencies to be listed. CoinGecko may have stricter criteria for verification and listing, resulting in a smaller number of listed cryptocurrencies.

Data Sources: CoinMarketCap and CoinGecko might use different sources to collect data on cryptocurrencies. They may have different partnerships and access to data from various exchanges. These variations in data sources can result in differences in the number of cryptocurrencies listed on each platform.

It's important to note that while the number of cryptocurrencies listed may differ between platforms, the overall market capitalization should be similar as it represents the total value of the cryptocurrency market. 

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

Here are a few reasons why CoinMarketCap might have more cryptocurrencies listed than CoinGecko, despite having similar market capitalization:

Data Inclusion Policies: CoinMarketCap may have a more inclusive approach when it comes to listing cryptocurrencies. They might include a wider range of cryptocurrencies, including smaller or less popular ones, to provide a comprehensive overview of the cryptocurrency market. CoinGecko, on the other hand, might have stricter criteria for listing cryptocurrencies and may focus on more established or widely recognized projects.

Listing Criteria and Verification: Each platform has its own criteria for listing cryptocurrencies. CoinMarketCap might have less stringent listing requirements, allowing a larger number of cryptocurrencies to be listed. CoinGecko may have stricter criteria for verification and listing, resulting in a smaller number of listed cryptocurrencies.

Data Sources: CoinMarketCap and CoinGecko might use different sources to collect data on cryptocurrencies. They may have different partnerships and access to data from various exchanges. These variations in data sources can result in differences in the number of cryptocurrencies listed on each platform.

It's important to note that while the number of cryptocurrencies listed may differ between platforms, the overall market capitalization should be similar as it represents the total value of the cryptocurrency market. 

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

this PLC thing has made people lose a lot of money simply because of being listed

• 3 Jul, 2023
Izzy Smart

Instructor

I had that habit of buying cheap crypto when i see them listed in CMC 😪😪😪 Now am saved thanks to DIENA 

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

very informative

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

now I have a better understanding of the difference between CoinGecko and CMC

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

And also the project being verified alone is not enaugh for you to choose if its a good project,

because the data of the project can be verified but still the project is not stable and not having a stable tokenomics and great ecosystem for it to excell thus its important to take note.

also some new projects may not have a verfication badge but still they are good projects to invest, its very important to have informed knowledge as most of the time verification of the crypto can come due to popularity but not sable tokenomics or great project ecosystem

• 3 Jul, 2023
anastasia kavishe

Student

Thank you I got something here.

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

for a coin being listed and its having no verifiable data is such a big redflag, despite of that this PLCU thing is having such a complicated unnecessary structure with unnecessary version of token time to time, and people still fall for a trap 

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

thank you for this

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

I see the idea

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

do we look at statistical websites to make a decision on whether this is a good coin/token or we use the coin/token itself? Is there a trusted statistical website to use while making investment decision?

• 3 Jul, 2023
Izzy Smart

Instructor

I think its better to look on various sources of information before making a decision the crypto analysis platform are useful but not only to rely on. more analysis should be done on various aspects includiding the whitepaper

• 3 Jul, 2023
Izzy Smart

Instructor

While there are thousands of cryptocurrencies listed on websites like CoinMarketCap and CoinGecko, the total market capitalization represents the combined value of all those cryptocurrencies. The high market capitalization of over 1.2 trillion USD reflects the overall size of the cryptocurrency market, despite individual cryptocurrencies having varying market capitalizations

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

yeah you are right

• 3 Jul, 2023
Dotto Luguga

Student

it seems I have a long way to go. the concept is somehow difficult to grasp. I hope am not alone

• 3 Jul, 2023
Izzy Smart

Instructor

Thanks to  DIENA that  provides all the knowledge you need to know on how to analyze crypto and be good at blockchain in general 👌

• 3 Jul, 2023
anastasia kavishe

Student

I am too, trying here😀

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

I CAN PROVIDE THE RELIABLE ANSWER TO THIS , THUS NUMBER OF CRYPTOS IS SOMETIMES NOT RELATING TO THE TOTAL MARKET CAPITILIZATION

it's possible that certain cryptocurrencies may not be included in the calculation of the overall market capitalization. This can occur due to several reasons:

1. Exclusion from Data Sources: Market capitalization calculations rely on data from various sources, such as cryptocurrency exchanges or data aggregators. If a particular cryptocurrency is not listed or tracked by these sources, it may not be included in the market capitalization calculation.

2. Lack of Sufficient Data: Some cryptocurrencies may have limited data availability, especially if they are new or have low trading volumes. Insufficient data can make it challenging to accurately calculate their market capitalization and may result in their exclusion from market cap calculations.

3. Token Types: Not all tokens or digital assets are designed to have a market capitalization. For example, some tokens serve specific utility purposes within a blockchain ecosystem and may not be intended for trading on exchanges. These tokens may not be included in market capitalization calculations.

4. Calculation Methodologies: Different platforms and data sources may use different methodologies or criteria for determining which cryptocurrencies are included in their market capitalization calculations. This can lead to discrepancies and variations in the coverage of cryptocurrencies across platforms.

It's important to note that the total market capitalization of the cryptocurrency market is an estimate and may not capture the entire breadth of the crypto ecosystem. It's always recommended to refer to multiple reliable sources and consider additional factors, such as project fundamentals and market dynamics, when assessing individual cryptocurrencies.

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

numbers 3 and 4 are very new to me. I consder this a time well spent this evening just learning these things. I am growing daily! Thank you mwalimu

• 3 Jul, 2023
Izzy Smart

Instructor

This is a chunk of knowledge thanks for sharing 🚀🚀

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

you can say that again my brother

• 3 Jul, 2023
Yona Makyao

Student

For me, I think CMC has included a list of many coins that has a very small Cap. Those coins can't make a big difference if they are added among large capital coins dominating the market. Coin Geko has all bigger capital coins and does not list many projects with a small capital. That is the reason we cant see the difference it total market cap

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

they have a self reported volume because CMC has more than 18000 cryptos more than COINGECKO, and infact coingecko todays ready capitilation of 1.25trillion while CMC reads at 1.21trillion so that may not be a factor but the major factor is to check the criteria which a considered for a crypto to be counted in the total market capitilization

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

I WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND TO USE THIS SITE FOR STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF DIFFERENT CRYPTOS

https://defillama.com/

• 3 Jul, 2023
Ben Yawa

Student

Duly noted, I will check it out right away. Thank you

• 3 Jul, 2023
Yona Makyao

Student

For me, I think CMC has included a list of many coins that has a very small Cap. Those coins can't make a big difference if they are added among large capital coins dominating the market. Coin Geko has all bigger capital coins and does not list many projects with a small capital. That is the reason we cant see the difference it total market cap

• 3 Jul, 2023
ANTONY Mlelwa

Instructor

they have a self reported volume because CMC has more than 18000 cryptos more than COINGECKO, and infact coingecko todays ready capitilation of 1.25trillion while CMC reads at 1.21trillion so i think, that may not be a factor but the major factor is to check the criteria which a considered for a crypto to be counted in the total market capitilization

• 3 Jul, 2023

Suggested Topics

cryptocurrency

MENTORSHIP

I want to know if diena academy also provide mentorship in crypto business?

cryptocurrency

Bull run

Do you see the bitcoin start moving 

cryptocurrency

ROAD TO 2024 HALVING

as we are so close to the 2024 bitcoin halving, which is expected to happen around the month of april or may what do you guys think of the next bull run? is it going to do better than the last, which are your better selection on crypto bellow 5dollars that you think they will do better in the next...

cryptocurrency

Bitcoin Halving

Are we to expect Bitcoin Halving by next year?. As I can see the market is going pretty well. What are your suggestions shall I buy more coins

cryptocurrency

ALTCOINS PRICE VS BITCOIN PRICE

How does the price movement of Bitcoin affect the prices of altcoins in the cryptocurrency market?

cryptocurrency

Maswali na majibu kuhusu bitcoin halving.

Una maswali gani kuhusu bitcoin halving?

Community Blog Articles

img
crytocurrency

The Long Road to Repayment: Mt. Gox to Begin Asset...

Antony Mlelwa / 1 Jul, 2024

In a significant development for the cryptocurrency community, the defunct bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox has announced that it will start...

img
BLOCKCHAIN

The Conclusion of the SEC's Ethereum 2.0 Investiga...

Antony Mlelwa / 20 Jun, 2024

In a groundbreaking development for the blockchain community, Consensys, a leading Ethereum developer, announced that the U.S. Securities and Ex...